PCA-- Have you got gremlins active today?

spuds 13:39 PM 25 Jun 12
Answered

There seems to be an IT news/information sound broadcast breaking into the forum, and into my headphones?.

It appears to be in parts about El Gaso, Panasonic, Intel, Rainbow, Apple, Google. Microsoft, HP, Oracle etc. A female (Bekka) plus a male called Matt appears to be giving the broadcast possibly called Techniques. Other people are involved. Eric Symonds is another name mentioned?.

Are you or other member's aware or having this problem?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:54 PM 25 Jun 12

No problems here on Firefox with No script add on

tullie 13:55 PM 25 Jun 12

No probs here

spuds 14:15 PM 25 Jun 12

I noticed it about 12.20pm. When it starts, it seems to repeat itself, and the only way to stop, is to close or click off from the site, then return.

Using Google Chrome with XP Home.

A correction in the intro: It was El Gato, something to do with gaming, and not El Gaso?.

Matt Egan 15:07 PM 25 Jun 12

Hi Spuds. It's a video that autoplays in the top righthand corner of your screen. I'm in the process of trying to get it changed from the noisy news vids to our more cerebral product reviews. To stop it, just click stop on the video player (or turn off your audio).

I'm assuming you've seen this in other parts of the site, as it really shouldn't be seen on the forum?

spuds 15:52 PM 25 Jun 12
Answer

Hi Matt, thanks for response.

I did notice it previously, and I might have mentioned it then, when the question was being raised. Forgot about it this time though.

What I couldn't understand about it this time, was when I transferred to say eBay (on Firefox) the voice over remained on my computer, until I closed the PCA website down. It hasn't done that before?.

I did the usual security checks etc, but the results came back to PCA.

Will now tick this as resolved.

Matt Egan 16:14 PM 25 Jun 12

Possible the PCA tab remained open?

Sea Urchin 18:14 PM 25 Jun 12

Matt Egan

I'm assuming you've seen this in other parts of the site, as it really shouldn't be seen on the forum?

I did find this happening a couple of weeks ago on the Helproom forum, but stopped it playing by clicking Stop. Since then it hasn't reappeared here.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…