PCA Forum and remembering passwords

pj123 13:44 19 Jun 05

If I clear my cookies I lose the "remember password" on the forum and have to type it in again next time I log in. But it doesn't seem to affect any other site I am registered on where I have ticked "remember password", like my bank, Ebuyer, Sonic, Hotmail etc. Is this just peculiar to the PCA Forum?

Joe R 13:46 19 Jun 05

pj123,

what browser are you using.?

pj123 13:59 19 Jun 05

Sorry, IE6, running Win98SE

Joe R 14:04 19 Jun 05

click on tools-internet options-content-auto complete, and tick the box saying usernames and passwords on forms.

There are times when you come onto the site when all boxes will be clear, but normally typing the first letter of your username/password, enters it again.

Joe R 14:06 19 Jun 05

pj123,

sorry, i should have added, if you use Ccleaner, make sure the autocomplete history, under windows is unticked.

pj123 14:30 19 Jun 05

If I clear my cookies manually I can always miss out the PCA cookie and all is OK. But I generally use Cleanup (similar to ccleaner) which gives no options, it just clears everything it thinks appropriate in one go. It isn't a problem entering my details again, up until the next time I do a clean up, but other sites don't seem to have the same problem.

Joe R, Checked that and the box is ticked.

Joe R 14:34 19 Jun 05

pj123,

looks like its your cleanup prog' that is causing the problem.

Try Ccleaner, and you have the options to turn off/on different settings.

click here

pj123 15:09 19 Jun 05

Joe R, downloaded ccleaner and installed and run. It does exactly the same as cleanup. I just had to enter my details and password again to access the PCA Forum.

Joe R 15:11 19 Jun 05

pj123,

can't understand it at all.

Have you thought of trying firefox.?

pj123 15:19 19 Jun 05

Joe R, yes I did. Tried it already. Unfortunately didn't like it at all. Went back to IE.

leo49 15:35 19 Jun 05

Use Roboform and you won't have to worry about such trivia like which cookies to retain or passwords.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…