PCA Error message on Chrome but OK on IE9

hastelloy 15:22 PM 25 Sep 12
Answered

I usually use Chrome but have been unable to access PCA today - get a heading "The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error. Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes. Error Occurred While Processing Request The unescapeHtml method was not found."

I'm using IE9 at the moment with no hint of a problem.

Any ideas?

Woolwell 15:41 PM 25 Sep 12

I get the same message with Chrome, Firefox and IE9. It's a PCA server problem and usually cures itself after a while. You've been lucky with IE9.

hssutton 15:43 PM 25 Sep 12

I keep getting the same message on Firefox, but usually I manage to connect after two-three attempts

hastelloy 16:45 PM 25 Sep 12

That's very strange. I've never had this before but clicking on the link in the email telling me a new message has been posted in my thread takes me straight in (in Chrome) whilst I still can't open the site normally.

john bunyan 17:02 PM 25 Sep 12

Same problem with me on IE9. When I Googled PCA and used the forum link, I could get in. Have sent a snip to Matt Egan of screenshot.

lotvic 17:59 PM 25 Sep 12

Same here numerous probs/error messages and not being logged in automatically, so have to do manual log in.

Now that Social Bar at bottom right has suddenly started appearing again, haven't seen that for past few days.

chub_tor 18:28 PM 25 Sep 12

When I first open either Chrome, Firefox or IE9 I always get the error message. If I refresh the page it usually comes up, however I always have to sign in again. Very frustrating.

Picklefactory 22:28 PM 25 Sep 12

I got it too with Chrome, but a page refresh loaded OK

hastelloy 07:53 AM 26 Sep 12
Answer

Now won't work on IE9 but OK on Firefox. Page refresh works on Chrome. not logged in on either though.

hastelloy 10:38 AM 27 Sep 12

All now seems to be well on Chrome

hastelloy 10:38 AM 27 Sep 12

All now seems to be well on Chrome

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…