PCA DVD Sept 2006 - PhotoPlus 7.0

johndrew 12:29 15 Jul 06

I`m probably doing entirely the wrong thing here, but having looked at PCA forums and seen no reports I thought the first port of call should be the oracle.

My September issue of PC Advisor arrived today and I was pleased to see Serif PhotoPlus 7.0 on the cover disk as I am looking for an inexpensive but competent editor. Unfortunately when I came to install it all appeared normal until the end of the installation process when I received the message "Could not write registration data". The installer then closed.

Examination of the data left on the hard drive revealed a file had been created but nothing had been written to it. I should add that PanoramaPlus 1.0 installed correctly.

Is this a problem with the DVD or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in anticipation for information.

spuds 13:15 15 Jul 06

Cannot answer your actual question. But if you want to use earlier Serif products for free, then click here That as PhotoPlus 6.0.

rdave13 15:59 15 Jul 06

Installed ok for me and took seven minitues to register over the phone..

johndrew 18:31 15 Jul 06

Thanks for responding people.

Maybe there is some sort of conflict between this and something else on the system. I have no idea what it could be unless AVG, Ad-Aware, Spybot, A2 or Defender is opposing it. Wouldn`t have thought it was the firewall (Kerio) but you never know.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017