PCA Disc - Made Safe

Young Ranger 19:00 13 Mar 04

I'm using Windows XP home on aa Advent 3216 machine with 80GB disc space.

On Thursday I decided to try out Made Safe from the PCA magazine disc. The installation seemed to go OK but the option to remove temp files etc took a long time to run and in the end I had to abort it. As a result I also had to reboot but then in POST I got the message "File NTLDR Missing".

I had to use system recovery but then found that all of my files were missing. The only thing I could find were short cuts in the hidden files but these short cuts didn't work. also found that in My Computer there was only 3GB of hard disk space left when I would have expected at least 60GB.

I had to resort to a format and although I have got everything up and working again I am curious. Was it MadeSafe that caused the problem or could it be something else?

I also found that running system recovery, on all three options, ran very quickly up to 70% but then slowed down drastically, taking up to two and a half hours to complete. Is this usual ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…