PCA-Coverdisk-Renaming Nero 6 Files-yes 0r no

holly polly 18:12 24 Sep 03

Hi just started installing pca coverdisk -cd maker when it informed me i have other cd rw software installed eg nero6 ,to resolve possible conflicts these files vxd will be renamed to bat -the question is do i all ow this?
Nero 6 is working fine at the moment ,and i do not want to do anything to foul this up -
As usual all replies greatfully recieved.
Hol Pol..

Jester2K II 18:21 24 Sep 03

click here

From whats been said in a few other threads i would stick to Nero...

holly polly 18:30 24 Sep 03

just as i thought ,though what intrigued me was the vcd option ,perhaps you can help me is it perfectly legal to make vcd backups -for my own personal use of my dvds -i know you can with copyrighted music but not to sure about dvds ,and if it is which software do you reccomend ,i have a dvd reader installed and cd rw sadly no dvd rw -many thanks -hol pol..

Jester2K II 18:40 24 Sep 03

"i know you can with copyrighted music "

As with ANY copyright material - IT DEPENDS ON THE LICENSE.

I think you'll find it is NOT LEGAL to make backups of Copyrighted Music or DVDs. DVDs have loads of copy protection anyway...

However i don't think anyone I'll come knocking on your door unless you start flogging them...

I can't recommend any VCD software as I'm not careless enough to require "backup" copies of my DVDs....

Chegs ® 18:48 24 Sep 03

I use this freebie to rip DVD's(even copyright protected)click here

holly polly 22:27 24 Sep 03

me thinks i will stay with nero ,many thanks to all who posted ,much obliged-hol pol...

MIke 22:30 24 Sep 03

In my experience Nero is very fussy about sharing a pc with other cd burning software. I have V5.5 which will write to VCD so surely V6 has it too?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…