PCA Banner Ads

chub_tor 12:25 06 Sep 09

Can anyone explain why on IE8 I get a blank banner ad across the top of the PCA Forum page yet in Firefox 3.5 and Chrome I get constantly changing Crucial tips?

I have checked that I have the latest Flash and Java and Silverlight come to that.

Refreshing makes no difference the Crucial ad is missing.

birdface 15:22 06 Sep 09

Are you using IE7pro add-on.Personally I would rather have it with out the adverts,

chub_tor 17:57 06 Sep 09

No I'm not using that add on but having come back to the page having been away for a few hours all the banners are working. Guess it was a blip of some kind.

OTT_Buzzard 18:24 06 Sep 09

And yet i'm getting the blank banner now in IE8! All is well in the land of Chrome.

chub_tor 20:14 06 Sep 09

The IE8 banners seem to have a mind of their own, mine has gone blank again too. Not to worry it doesn't affect the forum and it is one less thing to look at. Bet Crucial aren't too happy about spending their advertising money for blank banners though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…