PCA and AMD Advert

whybe 21:23 04 Nov 03

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems since this AMD banner ad arrived. Shrunk multiple windows, multiple sign ins. Whilst writing this I have 3 PCA windows open to get to the normal Helproom area. I have no objection to advertising or AMD but does it have to be so obtusive?

whybe 21:27 04 Nov 03

'intrusive' Sorry.

Diodorus Siculus 21:31 04 Nov 03

I don't know what ad you mean as I use Mozilla - you should try it as an alternative browser. This issue comes up every now and again on these forums. Generally speaking, using a pop-up stopper can block these ads, as can using Mozilla which has a built in block up stopper.

whybe 21:40 04 Nov 03

Thanks Diodorus, I have come back to the forum directly from your posting advice message, and no banner! Has anyone else had sign in problems, multiple windows and sizing changes?

holligan 21:47 04 Nov 03

its doing my head in.browser go`s blank then screen go`s dead.and comp freezes i cant get to pc advisor it just takes over and sends it all slow.i did a virus check and just got to helproom as i cant it just takes over.

woodchip 21:51 04 Nov 03

Not seen it I am on Netscape, Pop-ups stopped

Lionheart ♥ 22:01 04 Nov 03

Had the same problems, I have google toolbar and am now using the popup blocker.

Valvegrid 22:22 04 Nov 03

I've just tried to find out what all the fuss is about, so I accepted pop-ups and signed in again. This time whatever it is blocked my browser entirely, which rendered it usless, so what ever the advert is it doesn't work on Avant browser. Bit of useless advertising if it doesn't work, me thinks. Bet the advertiser would be interested to know their ad isn't reaching a large proportion of their audience :-)

Rtus 22:52 04 Nov 03

sorry guys Im having no popup at all nor anybother with PCA pages .standard M/S I E browser..

whybe 00:01 05 Nov 03

A bit of a mixed response, I can't say I'm very impressed having an AMD banner replacing my IE Toolbar for a forum session but even if it did it shouldn't need to open upwards of three windows of varying sizes. PCA advertising dept. please take note.

Forum Editor 00:09 05 Nov 03

of all the comments in the various threads on this subject, and we've asked the people responsible to look into some of the issues raised. If you saw the advance warning we posted this morning you'll have noticed that we did say that the ad will only appear in Internet Explorer, so the very small percentage of forum visitors who use other browsers shouldn't see it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…