PCA AMD Ad.

mdshamilton 12:20 04 Nov 03

The AMD ad that takes control of the top of Internet Explorer is REALLY annoying! When it first popped up I thought it was a virus or spyware and immediately shut Explorer down. The second time it took me a moment to figure out that my back button was still there.

Is this the new future of pop-up ads?

Lionheart ♥ 12:44 04 Nov 03

You can get rid of it, click opt-out.

Taran 12:45 04 Nov 03

It politely gives you the option to disable it permanently or on a per session basis.

I clicked on it anyway and spent some time looking round.

It's the least we can do really, to click on an ad now and then if it helps the site keep running through sponsorship/advertising revenue.

T

The Sack 13:55 04 Nov 03

Use click here if you dont want to move away from IE. its inbult filtering tools are brilliant and as it is a shell for IE its still 100% compatible

mdshamilton 17:39 04 Nov 03

As the Forum Editor says - advertising pays for this site etc.... the ad is annoying, but extremely effective and much more difficult to ignore compared to pop ups, pop unders etc. I expect most of us remember the product being advertised.

It was the first time I've seen such internet advertising and through various threads it's interesting to see how paranoid we all are about viruses that several people had exactly the same reaction and immediately closed their browsers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…