pc3200

kkkoolkev 15:27 28 Aug 04

i have just install 1024mb pc3200 and every time i boot up it restarts.and it wont even boot in safe mode.if my motherboard only support pc2700 should the pc 3200 work at 333mhz.or have i got the wrong chip please help

Gongoozler 15:54 28 Aug 04

What motherboard, what version of Windows and what make of memory?

kkkoolkev 16:10 28 Aug 04

i have xp pro the motherboard is a enlite not sure which one and the memory is apollo pc3200

georgemac 16:36 28 Aug 04

go to click here and scroll to your motherboard & it will show you all Ram that is compatible.

Generally pc3200 should be backwards compatible and run OK at 333 but maybe not always.

Some motherboards are very fussy about ram - some do not like ECC (error checking) & require non-ecc ram only.

Gongoozler 10:36 29 Aug 04

Hi kkkoolkev. Sorry I've not been able to come back earlier. XP Pro should be quite happy with 1024mb ram. I don't think Enlite make motherboards. Enlight make computer cases and Elite make motherboards. If you download and run Belarc Advisor click here or Everest Home Edition click here, you can find what motherboard you have as well as a lot of other things about your computer hardware and software.

As Georgemac says, you can generally use faster ram than your system requires, but not always. The reason that I always recommend Crucial memory is that the product quality is excellent, and the customer support is superb.

If your computer satisfactorily completes POST, and gives the normal POST beep, then there is probably no problem with the memory. If it doesn't, then your motherboard has a problem with the ram, which you MAY be able to overcome with a BIOS flash upgrade.

kkkoolkev 18:07 29 Aug 04

sorry the motherboard i have is a lite on tech 0884h and i cant find any info about it anywhere
on the net.

georgemac 19:53 29 Aug 04

did you have a look on the motherbaord itself to see if their are any physical markings to identify the board?

liteon do manufacture motherboards but a very limited range according to their website, and none that matches the number you have posted.

JonnyTub 20:03 29 Aug 04

put your old memory back in the machine and boot it. download belarc advisor from click here and run it to identify your motherboard.

kkkoolkev 18:38 01 Sep 04

i have run belarc advisor thats where i got the motherboard number from and i cant see any marking on the motherboard

Dorsai 19:56 01 Sep 04

Can personally verify the Xp home very happy with one Gig ram, as i have XP home, and one Gig ram.

Assume Xp Pro, being the bigger brother so to speak, would also work..

Gongoozler 20:48 01 Sep 04

All versions of XP are quite happy with 1G RAM click here. The question is whether PC3200 memory is suitable for your motherboard-processor combination. Unfortunately the part number you quote doesn't match any that I can find. If you want to contact me via the envelope alongside my nickname, I'll give you my email address so you can send me a copy of your Belarc report. I make no promises, but I'll see if I can identify your motherboard from it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos