PC100 or PC133 can i combine?

weyland 08:27 29 Apr 03

I have an "old" athlon 1.2 on an asus a7v-e with a cl-2 256mb stick and space for up to 1gb. does anybody know if i can combine a PC133 512mb with mine one. I want to get the most available right now without having to buy a new computer!! but i have troible finding one for my motherboard. so can i combine a pc133 with my pc100?

1514 08:34 29 Apr 03

Yes but it will all work at 100

DieSse 08:57 29 Apr 03

Usually it will work OK - but some motherboards and some RAM modules can be a bit fussy about working together.

You may also have a problem if you are running Win98/ME, as it doesn't work well with RAM over 512Mb. You can install a memory manager such as Cacheman which will get around this, they say.

But to be honest, anything over 512Mb is likely to be overkill anyway, and not show any actual benefits. When you get over 256Mb, the benefits of extra RAM are very small, if any. In my opinion you would do better to go for another 256Mb at most.

What are you looking for that you think extra RAM may improve - perhaps there are other improvements that would help you more - better graphics, or a faster hard drive, for eaxample.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…