PC & Xbox 360 Connected by DVI to a single TV?

Mr Confused 21:34 07 Jan 09

Basically, I got an Xbox 360 Arcade for xmas and to my eye the graphics aren't very good on a standard AV cable, so consequently I want to get it HD-ready.

Now here's the problem, I have a Philips LCD TV which I bought about 4yrs ago and thought it had a HDMI connection - unfortunately I was more that a little upset to find that it doesn't have one. However, it does have a single DVI connection which I currently connect my PC to for all my media purposes. I've managed to find that a conversion cable exists with a HDMI connection on one end and DVI conection on the other which should work fine with getting the Xbox HD ready and I have this on order.

What I now want to do is to be able to share the single DVI port on my TV so that both the Xbox 360 and PC can use this independently. I think this is possible by getting some sort of dual DVI splitter but I'm not completely sure whether this would work. I have found something which I think will do the job on eBay (item no. 290287350310) and was hoping someone could reassure me.

I'd be most grateful for any help/advice on this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…