pc world upgrades for laptops

Shutt1e 18:21 05 Jul 06

can pcworld fit upgrades for laptops and do any of u no how much thx

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:30 05 Jul 06

One of the disadvantages of laptops is - they are not very upgradeable.

Other than memory and a larger hard drive ther is little else you can do to a laptop.

PC world will do these for you (do not know how much), however they are simple upgrades you can often do yourself. How easy depends on the mke of laptop.

Shutt1e 19:29 05 Jul 06

i have an acer 4062lci i dont no how easy they are to upgrade amy one no is it just inserting it and unscrewing some screws or is it alot harder

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:46 05 Jul 06

What do you want to upgrade.. Memory hard drive ?

Shutt1e 20:07 05 Jul 06

i want to upgrade my RAM i have shared graphics so it takes it out the ram and i want a 512mb ram upgrade so i wll have about 700ram

VoG II 20:11 05 Jul 06

Your best bet is to go to click here and use the Crucial Memory Advisor™ Tool.

Shutt1e 20:14 05 Jul 06

thx the cheapest i have found so far is £35 for 512 ram from pcworld thx guys

Belatucadrus 20:21 05 Jul 06

click here confirms that there's a free RAM slot, but not where it is. Look at the base of the laptop, there's usually a panel a couple of inches square with a single retaining screw covering the RAM bay. But it's worth checking the documentation to be sure.

woodchip 20:33 05 Jul 06

5 minutes job. plus cost of memory

Shutt1e 20:46 05 Jul 06

can look yet as i had to send my laptop back as my m8 blew the speakers by screaming into the mic but is it risky inserting ram like can something mayjor go qron if youre new to installing stuff or should i pay pcworld i found out it is £25 to install it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…