PC World & HP printer

ferrispedro 12:46 03 Feb 09

My children bought me a new computer last November as a Christmas present (my old one was ancient).It seemed a nice package HP Pavilion Slimline S3624+ 19"TFT+ HPS3624 all in one printer.The printer has now developed a fault in that the paper feed seems to be slipping even on a printer test page.I took it back to PC World to hear what they said and lo and behold with it being a package they couldn't help me and gave me a Tel No for HP.I was connected to India naturally and have had no luck sorting the problem out.I really cannot understand them,maybe it is my hearing.Should I just bin the printer to save aggro? Do PC World have no responsibility in this matter? Thanks, Peter.

tullie 12:59 03 Feb 09

It doesent matter if its part of a package,the retailer is responsible and should sort your problem.

xania 13:04 03 Feb 09

Are you sure you got the printer model right? HP site does not seem to recognise the number.

More importantly, though, if the printer was part of the bundle, I cannot understand how (although knowling PC World, I'm sure they'll try) they can backa way from their obligations. IMHO they have warranty responsibility for the first year for the entire hardware package. But I also think this posting belongs in ConsumerWatch rather than help because this is a consumer rights issue.

rickf 13:22 03 Feb 09

Don't give up. Their response is outrageous and as clearly pointed out here is not fulfilling their legal obligations. Being PC World I'm not surprised.

Woolwell 14:52 03 Feb 09

Suspect that it is the HP F4272 all-in-one. If you look at the bottom of this click here you will see continue and this will start the warranty process.
PC World have an obligation regardless of whether it is part of a package or not but it may be easier to try the HP process.

Pineman100 14:57 03 Feb 09

In any retail purchase the contract is between the customer and the retailer. If your goods were bought and paid for at PC World, then they carry the responsibility for them.

Don't let them try to wriggle out of this by using the old 'contact the manufacturer' ploy.

Stand your ground and insist that it is their responsibility to ensure that the printer is 'of merchantable quality and fit for the purpose for which it was sold'.

That is your legal right.

ferrispedro 15:37 03 Feb 09

Thank you all for your help.I shall go back to them and insist on action. Peter.

xania 15:53 03 Feb 09

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Pineman100 12:29 05 Feb 09

Yes, please post back when you've banged the table at PC World!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…