PC World

ferrispedro 19:01 24 Feb 04

I got a Proview TFT monitor as a birthday present.This was bought from PC World and on opening it discovered there was no instruction book.PCW's attitude is you dont need one!Any comments?Peter.

AndyJ 19:09 24 Feb 04

Have you tried contacting Proview click here

dfghjkl 20:18 24 Feb 04

more and more stuff comes with the instructions on the driver\instalation disc.i recently bought a digital camera and this was the case,also with a cdrw and a tv tuner card.

AubreyS 20:39 24 Feb 04

Typical of PC world! Twice I've had to contact their head office due to bad customer services. I would go back and demand the instruction book, you are entitled to it. It wasn't advertised as incomplete.

spikeychris 20:44 24 Feb 04

And then a wizard approached with the wrath Kevin Keegan.

spuds 23:24 24 Feb 04

If you purchased a Medion monitor without the instruction book, then it would cost you £6.50 for a replacement. Save the money, and insist that PCW supply the replacement booklet.Should add though, if the monitor was from the bargain section, then that could be the reason for no booklet, and part of the bargain deal.

Gandalph 00:51 25 Feb 04

I've just recently purchased an HP f1703 TFT and the actual setup instructions and instructions for loading in the drivers where in PDF format. This is happening with a lot of Tech gear. The idea behind it is, it keeps the manufacturers costs down, printing is not cheap, and if required the user can print off whatever part of the instructions he/she needs.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:23 25 Feb 04

Virtually every peripheral that I have bought in the last two years has no 'instruction book', they are soooo twentieth century. The manuals tend to be on the disk or online....just regard it as progression and saving the environment.

G

ps...joke noted for future ammunition ;-))))

AubreyS 08:14 25 Feb 04

I bought a USB hub, which was in the bargain section marked half price. It was taken away from me by one of the sales staff saying that it should not have been there and then promptly removed the sign. I complained to head office and I was sent a voucher for £10.

Jakey boy 09:22 25 Feb 04

Did anyone think to ask if there WAS a CD with the product? Not usual with a monitor, as they are usually plug & play....aren't they??

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:15 25 Feb 04

Online documetation then...

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…