Pc won't work

marauder1 16:13 16 Dec 03

Hi

I am asking on behalf of a friend who seems to have a major problem with his packard bell pc. He runs winxp pro on it.

Here is the situation

He was Chaos Engine on a super nintendo emulator during which my system crashed bigstyle and he couldn't restart or shutdown any normal way so he pulled the mains plug. Now when he starts up the pc it goes straight to a grey screeen with 3 options (esc)switch screen (F4)Enter Bios (F8)Boot Device. Now the next problem is that his pc won't respond to any commands his keyboard makes. So all in all it looks buggered

Is there any body out there who can help

Thanks in Advance

Arron

matt5705 16:40 16 Dec 03

well it seems to be that xp is buggered and u need to boot it off the boot discs and rule number one if the computer crashes nether pull the power lead out of the back it damages it! so i cant really tell u wats rong as it cold be anything to the hardrive is broken to the keeboard drivers!

MichelleC 16:43 16 Dec 03

See if another keyboard works which will make things easier to get into bios to be able to boot from xp disc to either repair or reinstall.

johnnyrocker 16:44 16 Dec 03

yer spellcheck works good then matts lol

johnny.

keith-236785 16:50 16 Dec 03

is your friend by any chance using a USB keyboard, if so try using a PS2 keyboard instead (yours), try your keyboard anyway just to rule that one out.

if you cant get a response from the keyboard then you are gonna be pretty much stuck i think

good luck anyway

p.s in future, to force a pc to shutdown, keep the power button pressed in for a few seconds (3-5) and it should power down. if you ever do have to pull the plug, just switch off the wall socket then switch back on DONT PULL THE PLUG OUT OF THE PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…