PC Wont Turn On!!!

goose1984 16:08 18 Apr 04

Hey all, I was just sitting there surfing the internet looking at cars and all of a sudden the power to the tower unit goes down. Now the tower wont even start up, have I blown something? If so how? as i was only just surfing the web!

The rest of the power is fine as the monitor is still working.

So is it just the PSU i have blown up or is it worst and could I have blown up the CPU.

System:
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
PSU 300 watt
GeForce FX 5600
Windows XP Pro

If any adtional information is required just ask

Thanks In Advance

Diemmess 16:22 18 Apr 04

Most likely the PSU, the fact that the monitor lights up is not relevant except to date the machine, because most PSUs now no longer offer a socket for the monitor and your rated power supply is marginal at 300w.

To be as sure as you can be, there will be no fans running, no drive lights showing, and the monitor presumably says "No signal " and goes to sleep.

The mains lead in seems OK because it feeds your monitor, though it could just be the main switch on the case, it is unlikely as this only carries a small signal voltage.

Tough, but if all those suggestions apply then its time to fit a new PSU (at least 350watts) and perhaps a direct cable to the Monitor from another socket.

arricarry 18:38 18 Apr 04

Is the tower on its own power lead, the fuse may have blown in the plug top.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…