PC won't switch off

wesparmalee 19:55 25 May 06

After installing a new PSU in my computer, some really strange things have started to happen.When i turn on the mains without touching the power button, the pc lights up, and i can hear a sound of a fan, but the pc will not boot up until i push the power button in.Normally the pc should be inactive until the power button is pushed.Also the dvd drive light is permanently on as well.I turned the pc off normally, but instead of switching off, it stays on ,and the only way to switch it off is to turn it off at the mains.Could this be a problem with the way i've connected the cables to the various drives etc?There are about 12 connecting cables altogether, and i've had to use some from one group, and some from another because of the layout inside the pc.Any ideas, thanks.

terryf 20:02 25 May 06

RTFM

Ray5776 20:09 25 May 06

Sounds like a cable wrong way round or wrong place.

terryf 20:10 25 May 06

RTFM means re-read the flippin manual (to check that you have all the cables plugged in the correct places

wesparmalee 20:12 25 May 06

There is no proper manual, just a sheet of paper with the specs.

Totally-braindead 23:44 25 May 06

The manual they are refering to is the manual for the motherboard not the one for the power supply. I assume from what you say that you have not checked the connector for the switches are the right way around? This is the most obvious answer to your problem.
Do you know what motherboard you have? If not try this program click here , it should tell you and then, if you post back with the make and model of the motherboard, someone can help you working out which connection is wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…