PC won't start first time

thamesside 11:04 13 May 15

Windows Vista Home Basic. PC about 5 years old. Quite frequently the PC won't start properly first time. All appears well and the screen comes up in the usual way but nothing happens when i click to select a program. It appears explorer is not working. The PC will not close down or restart and has to be powered off. Starting again all is usually well although sometimes the problem recurs. Sometimes at start up the computer goes into check disc automatically.

Jollyjohn 12:33 13 May 15

It goes to disk check after an improper shutdown. What happens if you use Sleep, rather than Shut down? Does PC wake up OK?

If not, suggest faulty PSU.

Ricky alexdee 15:11 13 May 15

Hi I just want to help you by knowing one thing if you want to remove your Duplicate file you can use how to DuplicateFilesDeleter program.that is very effective for something like: delete duplicate files windows 8 how to duplicate files in windows 7 delete duplicate files windows 7 delete duplicate files windows delete duplicate files in itunes program to delete duplicate files

thank for

thamesside 16:25 13 May 15

Hi Jollyjohn Would wake up OK after short sleep (10 mins) but could not get it to wake up properly after longer period (30 mins)

Not sure of the relevance of your post Ricky.

bumpkin 16:39 13 May 15

Not sure of the relevance of your post Ricky.

Spam is what it is called.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:09 13 May 15

Tap f8 select repair my computer select start up repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now