PC wont start up

geordiewal 11:57 02 Jul 03

My PC wont start, the fans start running, the hard Disk runs up initially and then nothing, the monitor doesn't even initialise. What are the chances of it just being the video card?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:02 02 Jul 03

Even if video card not workin monitor should still come out of standbye,i think and have blank screen or say no signal or somethin
does hard disk keep running or stop ?

geordiewal 12:04 02 Jul 03

it stops

A15 12:12 02 Jul 03

Have you added or changed any hardware lately? If so try undoing those changes & see if that helps. I have had similiar problems to you when re-building an older PC once, it turned out that the graphics card was not properly making contact in the AGP slot.

Tog 12:14 02 Jul 03

This one turned out to be the memory.
click here

geordiewal 12:15 02 Jul 03

No I havent added anything new, this problem started intermittently a couple of days back, it is now permanent. I have been in and reseated the vid card and memory so far.

geordiewal 13:04 02 Jul 03

I have just tried removing the vid card, reseating the CPU and since I have two strips of memory I tried each one individually and still no differance. Whats the chances of both memory strips going duff? Is it looking to be a choice between the mobo and power supply? I have also checked the bios battery, its 3.23V so thats looking ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…