pc wont start!!!

bodigs 09:21 11 Mar 06

hi hope you good people can help i took out my ram to install a bigger one but had problems getting it so when i put my ram back in it wouldnt work message came up saying it cant find system drivers?pc is a compu sys there is no beep that you get when there is something wrong with the memory any ideas on how to get it up and running would be much appreciated thanks

Desktop Don 09:57 11 Mar 06

Im not too sure about issues relivant to memory and Ram specifics. I will state 2 obvious questions.

1.Does the Ram upgrade your installing match the motherboards specifications for Ram speed and data capability? (ex: Pc 3200 400MHz, Pc 4200 533MHz)
-Its possible this can conflict somhow, resulting in system errors...or other things??

2.Can you access the bios settings? Is the probelem with the Operating System or hardware?

Give the error message and keep us updated

bodigs 11:50 11 Mar 06

hi thanks for your quick reply i didnt change the ram i put the same one back in again it sorta starts but wont go past the welcome page it wont start in safe mode either

mehome 13:17 11 Mar 06

sounds like the operating system.Boot from cd,and repair windows.

bodigs 13:27 11 Mar 06

it wont let me run the disc!!

mehome 13:30 11 Mar 06

you will have to change boot priorities in the bios.make the cd rom your first boot option.

bodigs 13:43 11 Mar 06

pc was already loaded by cd so does that not mean that option has already been selected?

mehome 13:50 11 Mar 06

i would always revert back to floppy,h/d,cd, so not necessarilly so.If you go into the bios you will be able to see what is the order

ACOLYTE 15:41 11 Mar 06

To boot from cd you need to change it to first boot as said,if you dont change it back after the pc will look for a cd to boot from all the time,it may like mine search each boot optin till it finds an OS,if however you set it back to HDD as first boot it just boots from that and doesnt search for a cd on first boot.You may also have a boot option where you can press an F key and select a boot option,this saves you going in the bios and doesnt alter the setup in there,this is not available on all mobo's and depends witch u have.

ACOLYTE 15:43 11 Mar 06

P.S I would check that all cables are firmly seated,if you had trouble getting the ram in you may have dislodged somthing.

bodigs 17:37 11 Mar 06

hi acolyte done what you said now the pc has stopped working altogether it wont turn on??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced