Pc won't start up

Pentium 4 Northwood 18:14 14 Apr 05

A friend gave me an ATX case today, and is looked nicer than my own, i decided to swap everything into it. My motherboard is m-ATX though, so it was a bit of a struggle to get it in. Everything used to work fine before, but now the computer starts,(can hear HDD and processor fan) but nothing appears on the monitor, it just says no signal recieved. I have tried using both the onboard, and a seperate graphics card, and this hasn't solved it. What could the problem be

Pentium 4 Northwood 19:10 14 Apr 05

andrew-196854 19:19 14 Apr 05

have you tried it on another monitor only an idea,also you should double check that you put everthing back as it was. also was there a power supply unit in the case are they diffrent

Irishman 19:44 14 Apr 05

Double check all connections and make sure PCI cards and memory are properly seated. Is there any chance the heatsink on the processor could have been disturbed? Also check behind the motherboard and see if there are any loose screws which could short it to earth.

woodchip 19:49 14 Apr 05

The PSU is done for in the Case

woodchip 19:50 14 Apr 05

You could fit the one in your old case

woodchip 19:52 14 Apr 05

A Rolls Royce is no good without a engine, put it back in the old case. at least the mini will get you there

woodchip 19:53 14 Apr 05

A Rolls Royce is no good without a engine, put it back in the old case. at least the mini will get you there. and a tin of paint come cheap

woodchip 20:10 14 Apr 05

As it's a P4 as the PSU got the P4 power plug the small four pin one? and is it plugged in

Pentium 4 Northwood 20:11 14 Apr 05

it didnt come with a power supply anyway, so it has the original one.

could you please list all the things i should check-i have tried 2 monitors and a tv etc, and all the wiring, 2 gfx cards etc.

(ps i'm not sure if the pc is booting at all now, the processor heat sink doesnt seem to get hot at all, and it always used to)

andrew-196854 20:15 14 Apr 05

are there any beeps when you turn your pc on ps did you remove the heatsink

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…