PC won't start.

Powerful Pierre 20:08 23 Oct 04

When I start the PC it makes a buzzing sound and the fan switches off. I have checked all the connections and the fan is ok. I have disconnected the hardware one item at a time to eliminate any faulty items. I have checked the internal power supply for blown components or obvious signs of arcing or lose connections that seems ok. Besides launching it out the window I have run out of ideas. I am using my old second PC to be able to access the internet.

JonnyTub 20:12 23 Oct 04

If your positive it isn't your psu then the mobo will be the most likely culprit

JonnyTub 20:18 23 Oct 04

arcing and blown components are good things to look for, but not always evident, the transformer is a sealed unit and if that's gone close to the wound copper core you wouldn't know without taking a multimeter to task. On the flip side of the coin if the burnout was closer to the outside of the wound copper core the plastic shrinkwrap on the outside of the transformer you'd see a melting of the plastic and black soot marks

woodchip 20:23 23 Oct 04

First Stop connect known working PSU then if you get no beeps, CPU or Motherboad gone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…