PC won't standby

honeysuckle 23:21 18 Feb 09

My Pc Won't go into standby. When I put it into standby mode it goes off then immediately restarts. I was told this might be due to the mouse or keyboard waking it up but I have tried a new mouse and keyboard and still get same problem.
I have checked the power options and standby is enabled there but in the advanced options I only have one drop down menu for the power button.
Also in the UPS there is a yellow triangle saying the UPS service is currently stopped. Should it be and if not how do I restart it.

gengiscant 09:09 19 Feb 09

UPS is Uninterruptable Power Supply, which is a device that keeps your PC running for a short time after a power failure. Most models these days also include surge suppression.

If you don't have a UPS unit installed, don't worry about it. If you do have a UPS unit and it is working,properly, I wouldn't worry about it either.

As for your main problem,have a look here.
click here=

oldbeefer2 15:46 19 Feb 09

This cured it for me click here

honeysuckle 16:50 19 Feb 09

I forgot to mention I am running XP. Where will I find the logs to check if there is something preventing the PC from going into standby and how do I find the device manager

gengiscant 07:41 20 Feb 09

Device manager can be found in start-Control panel-System-hardware-Device manager.

Logs can be found by right clicking my computer on the desktop- scroll to manage- click on event viewer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now