PC won't remember passwords

griffo 21:59 10 Jun 03

there are many applications/websites that require passwords and where there is an option to tick the box "remember password?"

My PC won't remember passwords when this option is selected. I'm using XP Pro. Anyone know a fix for this please?

obbit 22:10 10 Jun 03

open internet properties click on content then auto complete. check to see if all 4 boxes are ticked

hope this helps

rawprawn 22:14 10 Jun 03

Go to internet Options/ Content tab / click on Auto complete, make sure there is a tick in user names & passwords

Simsy 22:28 10 Jun 03

performed by cookies...

You need to hav cookies enabled, and not being deleted.

With apologies if this is not the problem!

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 15:48 11 Jun 03

depends on which version of windows you have, (I suspect!), and also, possibly, it may vary if you are using a browser other than "Internet Explorer"

In Win98 it's via Start>Settings>ControlPanel>InternetOptions>Privacy

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

rawprawn 19:43 11 Jun 03

I got your email request, at the moment the only other thing I can thik of is this. Go to internet options/Privacy/advanced/ make sure the box marked override cookies is not checked. if it is either uncheck it, or reconfigure to make sure they are not blocked. If I think of anything else I have your email address & I will let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…