PC won't recognise Panasonic NV-DS11 hardware

Simmpy 19:22 09 Dec 04

I have a Panasonic NV - DS11 Camcorder. When I connect it (via the firewire port) to my Evesham PC (running XP home) it doesn't detect/recognise the new hardware. The lead that I am using was supplied with the camera for digital still picture capture, I wonder if this may be the problem? There are a number of different outputs from the camera, not sure which one to use, and there is nothing about this in the manual that came with it! Can I assume that this camera is capable of out putting digital data to my PC? The software on my PC is Pinnacle Expression Version 2.2.1.2. Help please.

Technotiger 19:41 09 Dec 04

Hi, firewire? I thought the lead supplied with that cam was a usb lead - this might be your problem. The connections lead/cam/pc can only go in one way, so you should not be able to make a mistake there. Cheers.

Technotiger 19:43 09 Dec 04

ps: firewire is for movie capture to pc.

Technotiger 19:58 09 Dec 04

Hi again, I have had a look at the Panasonic site, no consolation I know, but lots of owners there have the same problem as you with this cam.
There does not seem to be an answer.

Technotiger 07:56 11 Dec 04

Hi again,

thanks for email. Perhaps if you have a look at "Ask Jeeves" or "Google" and type in the details of your cam you may find further info, I did not have an in-depth look - though there was more, that I could have looked at. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…