pc won't close down

Newuser3477 11:01 29 Jan 07

After clicking start/shut down I see a number of end program windows. Previously these closed of their own accord after the status bar had run across the window. Now the shut down procedure stalls and I have manually to click on "end now" icon button. So I can't leave machine to close down fully on its own.The 3 application windows which appear are explororer.exe, ccAPP (Norton) and Power Meter , what ever that is!
Help would be appreciated
Thanks

zemdarin 12:25 29 Jan 07

You can if you have made the alteration in your Power Options in Advanced to shut down your computer by pressing the button for about 5 seconds on your computer. That won't help your problem though. Run some spyware programs to make sure it isn't anything like that first.
If not try and clear your files in I/E and I mean all offline files as well.

If all fails after that try clicking Start/run typing in msconfig, when the box opens close disable all services. That will not let you close down the essential ones your computer needs as you will see if you scroll down. Reboot your computer. You will get warning messages to restart in normal mode but ignore that. Once your desktop is in view click start again type in msconfig and this time start up in normal mode. You could also look at your start-up programs in msconfig as well, to see if there is anything in there that you don't need to start. You can even close one at a time until you find the culprit that is causing you the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…