PC won't burn Audio CD's in itunes now

cheerup347 23:32 07 Sep 09

Hey,

I've always used itunes to burn my audio cd's but recently whenever I try and burn a disc it starts the process as normal but gets about halfway through the playlist then finishes as if it's completed successfully.

the cd's sometimes work up until the point which it stopped... but they will never finish properly.

I also tried replacing the disc drive with a spare but my computer did not even recognize it. The power connects fine as the tray opens but it's not shown under my hardware manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks

jack 08:20 08 Sep 09

Ib admit to not being familiar with iTunes but it is I suspect not a Burner program in its own right but simply links to XP/Vistas own built in facility.

So instead of going to I tunes simply drag the files from the folder to the CD icon on the desktop.

You can also download this excellent FREE program that burns all sorts of media disk including DVD's

click here

cheerup347 12:49 08 Sep 09

It's not itunes that is the problem. I'm sure it's the CD drive but I can't get this new drive to view in windows.

it doesn't detect it :/

any ideaS?

jack 19:59 08 Sep 09

Driver loaded?
Check cable connections,
If feasible try drive in another computer - may be dud

Stuartli 20:42 08 Sep 09

Try Uninstalling the optical drive in Device Manager and then Rebooting.

Windows will automatically Reinstall the basic CDROM driver (all that is required).

Also check from the drive's Properties (from My Computer>Explore>highlight the drive>right click>Properties>Recording tab, that Enable Recording on this drive is ticked).

Again, from Device Manager>IDE Controllers>Secondary IDE Channel>Properties>Advanced tab>ensure that DMA if Available is chosen where necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac