PC wont boot windows after being cleaned.

RyanWolton 22:13 29 Aug 14

Hi all, i've spent a couple of hours trying to solve this issue myself so i thought i would ask for advice here before resorting to taking it into a shop.

yesterday when trying to play a certain computer game my pc would randomly restart. I figured it probably just needed a good clean, so i pulled out my compressed air, removed the gpu and psu, gave those a good clean out, and then the had a good spray around the fans and motherboard. I must admit i was sloppy and didn't use a static wristband or anything so i may have caused a problem, but i don't know how to diagnose what the issue is.

so after putting everything back and turning it on, it now loads up to the windows logo (splash)? screen and gets stuck there.

So far i have checked that all the connections are properly in place, i've tried another graphics card. System restore does not seem to be working, startup repair does not help, i've also tried repairing windows using the bootable usb that i installed it from, but that doesn't seem to work either as it doesn't show up any operating systems.

so now i'm stuck!

I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and my specs are:

Intel i7-3770k CPU

Corsair hydro 100 cooling

Gigabyte 7970 GHz edition 3GB GPU

Corsair GS600 PSU

16GB of corsair DDR3 RAM

Asus PGZ77-V Mobo

hopefully thats enough info, all help is appreciated.

please and thanks!

RyanWolton 22:14 29 Aug 14

Oh! i forgot to mention that it also gets stuck when trying to boot in safe mode :(

rdave13 22:33 29 Aug 14

'System restore doesn't seem to be working'. How do you know that?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:33 29 Aug 14

does the hard drive spin up, can you feel its vibrating?

disconnect and reconnect the data and poer leads to the HDD

try a different power connection from the PSU to the HDD

rdave13 22:37 29 Aug 14

removed the gpu and psu, why remove the PSU as you would need to disconnect everything and reconnect again correctly?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos