PC Wont boot when first switched on.

gudgulf 20:20 18 Jul 04

I have a P4 2.8GHz on an Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard,GeForce 5900 graphics with 1Gb ram.
Been working fine for 9 months since I built it.For the last couple of weeks however when I switch on first thing in the morning the Asus post reporter chips in telling me the system has failed (cpu hot).If I simply switch off and on again it boots normally and will run for as long as I like..no crashes or any other problems,games all run ok,everything runs ok.The system will reboot and is fine if switched off for a short period.
I know that Asus have an automatic recovery built into the bios to reset the system if its overclocked too much,but mine is not overclocked.
Could this be a battery problem?

I have emailed Asus but have been waiting and waiting for a reply.......So, any ideas anyone?

Valvegrid 20:32 18 Jul 04

It could be the battery, the trouble is you've probably no idea how long the battery was in stock before being placed in the mobo. Why not replace it, its only pennies and I think that would be my first reaction.

gudgulf 20:38 18 Jul 04

Thanks for that Valvegrid,I have been thinking along the same lines.I,m going to get a new one tomorrow and see if it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…