PC won't boot from various CDs-'DISK BOOT FAILURE' etc

buel 15:45 04 May 14

Hi, My brother recently had someone put a HD in his desktop PC and apparently the PC was working fine on return to my brother, My brother then added some RAM (No wristband/earthed) and the PC would not start, apparently. He then took the RAM out and the PC hasn't started since.

I have just tried to start it, it says "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER", I put the XP Pro CD in, it waits a few seconds and comes up with the same message.

Any ideas, please?

Thank you all.

buel 16:00 04 May 14

Hmmmmm.....just been playing around and got this:

click here

rdave13 16:08 04 May 14

Not very good English in the BIOS? If the drive is corrupt or failing you can boot from the CD if you change the boot order in the BIOS.

buel 16:27 04 May 14

Hi,

I noticed the very odd English? I have adjusted the BIOS, the CD boots and I still get the DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" message?

buel 17:08 04 May 14

Hello, anyone please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:16 04 May 14

Set CD as first boot device

Check sata ports are enabled

and press F10 save and exit.

Remove and refit HDDs to remake the connections retry to boot

if drives show in BIOS but will not boot then you may need to run Chkdsk /r on the drives

buel 18:33 04 May 14

Check sata ports are enabled

Please can I ask for clarification on how to do this? I have taken the following photos (not the best quality I'm afraid): click here drive top, HD bottom: click here the disk be seen by the bios ?**

I will check now...

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/040520141780.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/040520141781.jpg

CD **Can

lotvic 18:43 04 May 14

more SPAM from AndrewW-PC

buel 18:45 04 May 14

Disconnected CD drive, then reconnected and it is now on the XP loading screen but is taking a while....

buel 18:56 04 May 14

It now starts up fine, if slow. I am now running a HD Chkdsk.

Whenever it restarts I get to this page: click here can I bypass this so XP starts automatically, please?

How

buel 21:35 04 May 14

I am now attempting to copy a small file from a CD in the CD driver and am getting the message 'Error copying file or folder-Cannot copy data2: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Please can I ask what this could be?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…