PC wont boot up normally

misters 12:36 30 Jun 08

Hi i went to switch my pc on this morning and it wouldnt boot up but i did manage to get it to boot up in safe mode with networking.
When i look at my settings in the boot up section while holding the tab key during the boot up process i get a warning not enough disk to create an array or something like that but i cant do anything in this window to create an array, i really dont know wat else to try in safe mode any help would be appreciated i have win xp.
Thanx in advance

Quiller. 13:02 30 Jun 08

safe mode with command prompt.

If it does enter
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

to get to system restore.click here

misters 11:22 26 Jul 08

it doesnt help doing a system restore, any other suggestions please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:36 26 Jul 08

Looks as if your hard drive is getting too full and there is not enogh space for the "virtual memory".

As you can boot into safe mode you need to delete some files off the drive to create some space.

Have a look for old documents photos music etc. you can get rid of or move to a remote medium such as CD or DVD.

Ditch999 12:36 26 Jul 08

"i get a warning not enough disk to create an array"
This would lend me to believe that someone or something has enabled RAID which requires more than one hard disk to function. If you only have one disk then disabling RAID in the BIOS might sort it.
A bit more info is needed.
PC make/model
OS
How many hard disks are fitted

Your original post was on 30/6. Has it been like this since that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…