PC wont boot from CD Rom

Arkwrite 16:02 16 Nov 03

My friend is attempting to reinstall Windows XP. However the problem is regardless of the fact that he sets his Cd Rom in BIOS as the first boot device or even the only boot device, the Pc starts Windows normally & refuses to run Setup from CD. I have checked & verified that indeed he is saving changes. The Cd is read fine in Windows when running & there does not seem to be any other problems. Any ideas?

Mike ® 16:05 16 Nov 03

With my Award bios even though it is set to boot from cd, it asks you to press a key to boot from the cd.

Arkwrite 16:06 16 Nov 03

Yes, this asks: 'Press any key to boot from Cd' then it starts Windows from IDE 0.

DieSse 16:23 16 Nov 03

"Yes, this asks: 'Press any key to boot from Cd'"

and did you?

Arkwrite 16:26 16 Nov 03

He did yes, & it still started Windows from IDE 0, although CD Rom was the ony boot device listed.

powerless 16:28 16 Nov 03

Can you boot from the floppeee?

support.microsoft.com/support/ kb/articles/q310/9/94.asp

Arkwrite 16:29 16 Nov 03

The problem seems to have been resolved by booting from floppy as first boot & although this failed due to NTFS, on the next boot it did boot from Cd, maybe the BOIS got a little confused? I know I did.

Arkwrite 16:32 16 Nov 03

Thank You everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…