PC wont boot after security suite install.

Tall guy 13:21 11 Jan 05

I'm trying to help my sister so bear with me on this one. Her husband bought Norton security suite and attempted to install it on their PC which is running XP. When you power up the PC, you get past the set up screen for BIOS changes and the machine hangs with 'verifying DMI pool data'. Anyone have an idiots guide to fixing this?

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:14 11 Jan 05

This is one of the many reasons why I would never use Norton......Try booting into Safe Mode and uninstalling from there... Press F8 at boot up to go to the Advanced Menu, then select Safe Mode.. Then try the Add/Remove in the control panel...if you succeed dump Norton in the nearest bin and use Zone Alarm and AVG.

G

JoeC 14:20 11 Jan 05
  rick3 23:41 11 Jan 05

My sister had a similar problem after downloading system mechanic, tried allsorts eventually had to go with the Very handy repair disk that came with xp, after copying what we could in safe mode.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…