pc wont boot up

1911 21:02 01 Sep 07

when I start up i get the blue "HP Invent Sreen" and it hangs there untill I press "ESC" key and after a minute or so a boot up Menu appears. It seems to show that it's trying to boot up from the CD drive and not the main drive. When I highlight the main drive and press enter it starts up and runs normaly. Could i change it in Bios? How do I get into Bios. OS is win xp home, thanks

recap 21:07 01 Sep 07

Press the Delete when the system is starting to boot. You can then change the boot sequence in the BIOS.

Strawballs 21:31 01 Sep 07

Have you left any thing in the drive

1911 22:42 01 Sep 07

hi I got into Bios and Boot but how do I change it? I need it step by step. Please. thanks for the quick respose

alan2273 23:06 01 Sep 07

To move around in the BIOS, use the up/down/left right arrows.
If you can post what your make of BIOS is I can give you clearer instructions.
For the Award Bios use the right arrow key to select boot from the headings at the top.
Then select the 1st boot and press enter, this will give you a list use the up or down arrows to select your hard drive then press enter, press F10 press Y.

woodchip 23:26 01 Sep 07

See info on the First page on how to navigate in BIOS. Key's to use are Arrow keys Enter key opens a Page, Escape closes a Page. You need to change boot order to Hard Drive as first boot device. Save settings before you exit BIOS

1911 01:14 02 Sep 07

sorry for the delay. it takes me about 15mins to get boot up each time and then have to get into BIOS, Will try all in the morning. Thanks to all

1911 16:01 02 Sep 07

Have got the cure. Disconected everything not actualy needed, Started up, pressed F8. When options screen showed selected "Enable Boot Loging" presse Enter. windows started up and has been ok since. Apparently hardware problem. Thanks to all for your help. Its great to have such help so quickly. Thanks again. John

woodchip 16:05 02 Sep 07

Thank's for letting us know how you solved it

woodchip 16:06 02 Sep 07

Put thing back one at a time and test untill you find which one

Desperate-Dan 17:12 02 Sep 07

I have a sata hdd and a sata dvd-rw, I want to install a IDE dvd-rom I have two IDE connectors on my mobo one is blue and one is black which one do I use and do I have to do anything in the bios to make it work, I was thinking of buying a sata dvd-rom just to fill one of the empty 5.25" drive bay slots but I might as well use the IDE connectors as I already have a IDE dvd-rom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…