pc wont boot

wappa 15:49 28 Mar 07

Hi gang,,need help.had a power cut at home and since then windows will not start,it starts booting up then as it starts loading a blue screen appears for a flash and then begins to reboot,,any suggestions or help to the problem and solving,,thanks gang

bof:) 16:07 28 Mar 07

are you getting any beeps at startup? If so how many?

wappa 16:37 28 Mar 07

nope,,but to be honest bof,,it never really has done before,,what do ya think

bof:) 17:41 28 Mar 07

how are you at disconnecting things inside your casing safely?

If all was ok before the powercut and you have not done anything else other than try and bootup after the powercut it maybe that something inside the pc has blown.

Usually the number of beeps at boot up gives you a clue as to what it may be, but obviously if you are not getting any beeps then this will not be of much help.

So what happens after it tries to reboot? Does it just turn off or hang there ? what can you see on the monitor screen?

bof:) 17:51 28 Mar 07

Have you tried pressing the F8 button continually at startup too see if you can get into safe mode ?

wappa 18:19 28 Mar 07

lets me in safe mode but as soon as i am in,,it seems the keyboard freezes,its working whilst booting,but as soon as it gets to f8 or f2,f11 etc,it freezes,,thus unable to move arrows when screen appears

wappa 18:20 28 Mar 07

in response,,all was cool before power cut

woodchip 18:49 28 Mar 07

Corrupt Hard Drive. If you can try starting by keep tapping F8 go to command prompt in list, at Prompt C:\> type FIX /MBR so it looks like this

C:\>FIX /MBR then press enter

bof:) 18:52 28 Mar 07

does the mouse work?

if so left click 'my computer', you should see another page showing your drives.

Right click the C: drive (or what ever letter your hard drive is called...most pc's its the c: drive)

Go to 'properties' and left click 'tools'.

Left click 'error checking' and put a tick in 'check now'.

make sure there is a tick in the 2 boxes that appear and left click ok.

You should get a message saying cannot check disk at moment but a checkdisk has been scheduled at next pc startup.

Click ok and restart pc.

Upon restart you should get a page saying a checkdisk has been scheduled....do nothing and let it run a checkdisk

woodchip 18:58 28 Mar 07

If you can get to safe mode try a PS/2 mouse and keyboard, Windows drivers are stopping the USB working in safe mode. Then check the boot.ini file in NotePad

wappa 19:04 28 Mar 07

i press f8 but thats when keyboard freezes,,it sticks on start windows normally,,il try n get a alternate keyboard and see what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…