PC wont boot up

costlyspy 15:12 11 Nov 05

I've got an old pc from that I'm sure was working when I last used it, wanted to use it recently but it powers up but the screen doesn't even come on, not even a post check. I've tried the monitor on another machine which works, so tried another graphics card but still nothing. I was wondering if the Cmos battery was now flat with it being stood for a while. Has anybody any ideas?

woodchip 15:14 11 Nov 05

Power Supply As gone to it's Grave

ACOLYTE 15:17 11 Nov 05

If you have the manual you could try reseting the cmos,it should tell you in the manual how to do this,either by jumper or removing the battery.
If it doesnt boot then it may be the CPU has failed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:47 11 Nov 05

No leds, no fans, no sounds, no screen = PSU faulty

ACOLYTE 15:51 11 Nov 05

He said it powered up.

costlyspy 16:30 11 Nov 05

I've had the cmos battery out already and still nothing. I've tried different cmos battery, HDD, FDD and IDE cables.

ACOLYTE 16:36 11 Nov 05

Well telling us what you have tried in the posting would help more.So it looks like PSU has gone.

costlyspy 12:43 17 Nov 05

I've tried another psu but still nothing, that would only leave the mobo.

woodchip 15:52 17 Nov 05

Before you start removing Mobo, Remove power plugs from Drives remove all card but leave Graphics, Just have one stick of Memory and see if it will boot to DOS or BIOS

costlyspy 15:23 21 Nov 05

I've now removed all the power plugs, ide cables and cards except for the grahpics; still nothing. I swapped the graphics card for another spare one and still nothing so I swapped the ram module (just in case) and still nothing.

woodchip 19:23 21 Nov 05

The PSU that you tried was it a known working PSU?

If it was then it looks like a Faulty MOBO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…