PC Won't Boot

Jason-211945 19:40 23 Jul 04

I'm running Windows 2000. All of a sudden, yesterday, everything was running fine. Shut down
and went to boot up a couple of hours later and all that happens is lights come on and fan whirrs, but thats it. Can anyone help.

Mikeonfreeserve 19:52 23 Jul 04

Have you checked the connection to your monitor?

Jason-211945 20:13 23 Jul 04

Funny you should mention that. Connection appears to be fine, although one of the "nuts" that the monitor retaining screws go into is missing. Don't know when it went.

The other thing I've noticed is what would appear to be a loose connection where the power lead connects to the computer. The silver "plug" is blackened on one side.

This seems the likely cause, but what's the solution (and this is no ordinary PC, it's a small box, based on laptop technology - it's called an M-Series.

THE TERMINATOR 20:26 23 Jul 04

Seems you might need a new PSU....TT

sil_ver 20:52 23 Jul 04

Get a new mains cable while you're at it as it sounds as if it's been arcing and the contacts will be burned.

Jason-211945 08:42 24 Jul 04

I'm going to take to my father-in-laws later today. He also has an M-Series so I'll try it with his mains cable and see whats what! Thanks for all your suggestions so far - I'm sure I'll need to fork out cash no matter what :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…