pc will not turn on

gramps07 15:29 30 Sep 09

i was using my pc when there was a power cut and my pc will not turn back on is this as bad as i think it is or is there a simple solution i tried changing the fuse but it still does not work any help would be appreciated

Technotiger 15:45 30 Sep 09

If there are no signs of life at all, I would suspect that the PSU has blown.

gramps07 15:47 30 Sep 09

thx for a fast reply but whats the psu im not to good with this and how do i fix it there is a small green flashing light on the front but when turn it there is nothing

Technotiger 15:53 30 Sep 09

Assuming we are talking about a Desktop PC, at the back where the Mains lead plugs in - that is the PSU (Power Supply Unit). If that has blown it could still supply enough power to activate the flashing light, but not start the computer.

If it is the PSU, it is easy to change.

Technotiger 15:57 30 Sep 09

Also, apart from the flashing light (LED), can you hear any fans turning or the hard drive spinning in the case?

gramps07 16:03 30 Sep 09

thx again cant here anything like the fans or anything like that if it is the psu do i just buy a new lead or is it the internal bit

Technotiger 16:06 30 Sep 09

This will give you a good idea of what is involved, looks complicated but it is really easy, even for a novice.

click here

Technotiger 16:12 30 Sep 09

More instructions ... click here

peter99co 16:13 30 Sep 09

If you are in an area where you get power cuts it maybe worth asking for information about UPS (uninteruptable power supply)

It is a battery backup connected to the mains unit and the system will stay on if a cut occurs. Not cheap but worth having if you get lots of cuts.

click here

To see a power supply unit

gramps07 16:16 30 Sep 09

thx will let u no how i get on looks simple enoughthx again technotiger

Technotiger 16:16 30 Sep 09

Also check out FruitBat's excellent Post ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac