pc will not turn on

i don't know if i have a virus but i'm unable to to switch on my pc. the power comes on but it won't boot up or anything
can anyone help?

hugh-265156 00:37 11 Jan 04

what operating system do you have please and any other info you think may be useful?

try safe mode.keep tapping F8 or F5 as soon as you switch the computer on.select safe mode from the menu list.

if you can get into safe mode then it may be easy fixed from here.

need more info from you please.

windows me amd duron 800mhz when i turn it on the only thing that starts up is the fan and nothing else tried staring in safe mode but it won't come on

hugh-265156 01:10 11 Jan 04

has anything happened lately like crashes or restarts etc.was it ok last time you used it?

do you see the post screen or is the monitor blank?

the last time i used it it was fine but then one day i turned it on and nothing happened apart from the fan coming on. yeah the screens blank

mike_w 01:16 11 Jan 04

are you confident of going inside the PC (opening it up)?

yeah i am

hugh-265156 01:30 11 Jan 04

do you get any beeps when you turn on?

the only thing i can suggest is check the monitor to graphics card cable is connected.

open the computer case and check all the power connectors and ide cables are connected.check memory and agp/pci cards are firmly seated also.

try borrowing another power supply or monitor to try.

cheers i'll have a go at that and see what happens

feb 02:23 11 Jan 04

Hi bobbyb
Try this; diconnect everything from the back of your case, then hold the power button in for about 25-30 seconds, reconnect everything and see if it starts. If that dosn't work it may be the motherboard. Inside the computer disconnect 1 item at a time and see if it starts then, this should indicate which item is at fault.

nice one i'll try that and let you know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…