PC Will not Boot please help me

RobCharles1981 12:40 24 Dec 06

Friday night - I done a clean install of XP - and I downloaded all the Updates but it was getting late so I shut the PC Off now when I turn it on the PC Just keeps rebooting after the Windows XP Splash Screen and I have even tried a Repair install and when it boots from the CD "Inspecting Hardware" the PC will just reboot please help me.

VoG II 12:41 24 Dec 06
  RobCharles1981 12:42 24 Dec 06

I cant even get to the Windows Setup screen if that helps I have tried differnet PSUs to no effect.

RobCharles1981 12:49 24 Dec 06

Please help I cant stay on long!!!!!

rawprawn 12:55 24 Dec 06

Can you boot using your CD? (I always leave boot cd first in BIOS)

RobCharles1981 12:57 24 Dec 06

I have done this and it just reboots

VoG II 12:59 24 Dec 06

Have you tried my suggestion?

RobCharles1981 13:01 24 Dec 06

I will when I get home

RobCharles1981 10:40 27 Dec 06

Hi Folks sorry for the long delay on getting back to you

I thought at first it was a PSU problem, but it would not load into windows, it would get as far as the XP Splash Screen, then a Quick Blue Screen and Just Reboots.

At boot up I had an error message:

PXE.E61: Media Test Failure Check Cable
PXE.MOF Exiting PXE Rom

Eeeek!!!

I think it might of been a faulty Hard Drive (Master) took it out and stuck another in then I Find my Windows XP Pro Disk is not working when I set it to the First Boot Divice!! Looks pritty buggerd - How do I contact microsoft for a Replacemnt CD??. I had to install XP Home OEM just to get something going - but when I tried to activite it, it was saying my CD Was invalid or out of use.

Any Help???

ACOLYTE 11:04 27 Dec 06

Not sure but i think the PXE error maybe to do with a faulty network card,or one that has no drivers installed.As i said im not 100% on that but i have had the same thing with a network card and when i removed it the error went away.If you have an on board LAN try turning it off and on in the bios.You could also try pressing ESC at boot to bypass the PXE bootup.

HTH.

RobCharles1981 11:53 27 Dec 06

The Network card is fine btw at least I got my Broadband up and going.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…