Pc will not boot, after using Reload install disk;

ASA2 12:47 04 Sep 04

Hi Can anyone Help,I am stuggling with this problem,When I start up the pc does not boot into windows I get the post with all machine data and the screen finishes with.
Verifing DMI Pool Data.
Boot from CD:
Boot from CD:
I have checked the Bios setting which are okay
1st boot Floppy,2nd BootCD 3rd Boot Hdd-0 I have also reset Cmos restored Default bios, I have used the Manufacturers Reload disk to check the MBR which it does, I have tried using Windows98se boot disk,to check the MBR with FDISK.EXE /MBR Which did not reveal a record,no error message just the command promt,Im stumped by the boot from CD promts! Maybe its the Grey matter as Im a
77yr Pensioner,so I will greatly appreciate any suggestions Thank you, Purple

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:23 04 Sep 04

1. PC will look for op system on a floppy disk if found will boot from that. If not found will then :-

2. Look for op system on a CD in the CD drive. IF a CD in drive has an op system (your reload CD) then you may get the prompt "Press any key to boot from CD".
If no CD in drive or no op system on CD then PC moves onto :-

3. Look for op system on primary active partion of Hard Disk Drive (HDD)plugged into IDE 0. This is normally the C drive where your windows system is located.

This is a good set up in BIOS as it allows you to boot from a floppy or CD and effect repairs if the windows system fails.

Just make sure when you reboot that trhere is no floppy in the drive and no CD (your reload CD) in the CD drive.

ASA2 09:53 05 Sep 04

Thanks very much for that swift,and sure responce,system up and running,Great!
Regards Purple

GORAL 20:35 05 Sep 04

Pleased that you're 'sorted' so quickly. Can we have a Green Tick please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…