pc will not boot up

teknikz 22:42 25 Apr 07

my brother has just bought a new pc, so i have just taken the hard drive, graphics card and sound card from my pc and put them into his old unit. the pc starts, does the usual memory check, then just as the windows screen comes on (the black screen with the blue loading bar)that screen goes off, a blue screen flashes up for a split second, and then the pc reboots

asks me if i want to start it normally or in safe mode, and what ever i choose it does the same thing as above

Diversion 23:01 25 Apr 07

Hi
I think you may need to re-install the operating system, or you might be able to do an upgrade or a repair of the operating system.

teknikz 23:10 25 Apr 07

i put my windows disc in and tried to do a repair, it came up asking what version of windows i'd like to repair but only gave me soace to type 1 letter or number

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:13 25 Apr 07

have just taken the hard drive, graphics card and sound card from my pc and put them into his old unit

Incorrect drivers in XP for his mother board, modem etc.

Boot to safe mode (f8 at boot up) select safemode and in device mnager remove all the drivers except graphics (your card) and sound (your card).

reboot and then install the drivers for his motherboard etc. if you can get it to boot but need to update drivers then use SIW click here to identify fitted equipment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…