PC: WiFi barely working, pc causes other devices to lag

rieplip 18:57 08 Jan 15

Hello,

My PC is having major problems with the Wifi and I can not find out how to fix the problem.

I will try and briefly state the facts:

• Have a new and very decent gaming PC (Windows 8.1) Bought in the Netherlands but I am currently using it in the UK
  • PC connects to the internet but has a very low download speed and is unusable for gaming or almost anything for that matter
  • When using Wifi PC seems to be causing other devices connected to Wifi to lag (laptops, phones, iPads)
    • I have a brand new wifi card 450mbs and good connection range (nothing wrong with it) it connects to the Wifi without showing any errors
  • I have no viruses whatsoever (variously trustworthy scans done + spyware removals etc) -Can not seem to do a reset (while keeping windows 8) cause I get an error saying files missing.
  • Most recent drivers for card are installed and running ok.
  • WiFi in the house is fine and working properly on everything except for the PC.

I myself believe some setting is causing this problem, but I have no idea what it could be and how it could be so severe that it effects other devices.

I sincerely hope you guys can help me, my apologies if this message is quite long.

Mark

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:33 08 Jan 15

Try winsock fix click here

rieplip 20:13 08 Jan 15

Tried, did not work

Thank you though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…