pc for video edditing

I want to purchase a computer for normal word proccesing and for video edditing. I would like to transfer all my old vhs tape into dvd. what the best pc on the market for a budget of 800 pounds. What should i be loking for.

Please guys all yor advice will be helpfull
Thanking you in advance

TomJerry 11:06 30 Jun 05

Intel P4 is better for video edting, big HDD, a lot of RAM, you also need to have about £60 to buy a video capture card

It is very time intensive tasks to convert VHS to DVD using PC.

The best way to convert VHS to DVD is to get a stand alone DVD recorder (or recordeable DVD player), for example LiteOn LVW-5006B All-Write Home Dvd Recorder £137.94 click here

As for PC suggestion, you can look Dell, Mesh or Tiny for value for money stuff, one suggestion Matrix 3500+ Deal, £699 click here

pj123 11:35 30 Jun 05

As TomJerry says it is very time intensive using a PC. A 3 hours VHS tape takes about 7 hours from start to finish. I took the advice from the many threads and bought a domestic DVD recorder the Liteon 5006. It works in real time, ( a 3 hour tape takes 3 hours,) but of course you can't edit it once burned.

The capture unit I have (when using the PC) is the Dazzle Fusion external USB from click here

The PC I use is just the bog standard Duron 1300, running Win 98SE with 256mb memory.

Completealias 12:55 30 Jun 05

If you go with a dvd recorder you could edit the disk after if you wished but it would involve ripping the files to our hard drive converting them to a format that can be edited converting them back again and burning them bit of a mission ain't it.

Large hard drive for sure and plently of RAM as has been said

BT 09:41 01 Jul 05

I know its abit above your budget but I have an ADVENT T9202 from PC World. It comes complete with a Video capture card and Software for Video capture and editing. I have added Pinnacle Studio 9 and upgraded Nero and it does a super job. It uses Intel hyperthreading so its pretty fast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017