PC very slow on boot up

Rebanut 09:04 29 Aug 03

I have an Athlon 2600 Evesham machine and when I boot up in the morning it is very slow, when opening say Outlook Express it sometimes a minute or more before the page comes up, any easy answers for a novice please, oh the machine has XP.

expertec 09:23 29 Aug 03

Do you hve any file sharing programs (Kazaa, Morpheus, iMesh etc.) installed on your pc?

JoeC 09:25 29 Aug 03

going to

click here

to cut down on many unnecessary services that XP starts up, empty Temp Internet files, defrag, and go to

click here

regarding your OE prob. Download BootVis from Microsoft's site to speed up boot times as well.

Hope that lot helps ! : }

Rebanut 09:55 29 Aug 03

My Machine is only a couple of weeks old so I dont know if I should ring the Evesham helpline,
Yes I do have Kazaa on PC.

JoeC 10:40 29 Aug 03

Have a read at this article

click here

woodchip 10:47 29 Aug 03

Go to Start/Run type MSCONFIG and press enter, click startup tab and remove all the tick's except for Anti-Virus and Firewall and then try a restart

expertec 13:57 29 Aug 03

Uninstall Kazaa, download Ad-Aware from click here and Spybot from click here, these programs should clear up all the spyware and other nasties left behind by Kazaa

Rebanut 16:41 29 Aug 03

Many thanks for the help, are there any
other sites for downloading music which
dont cause as many problems.

JC1303 18:51 29 Aug 03

I feel partially responsible as it was me that downloaded Kazaalite onto Rebanuts PC!
I will try one of the other ones recommended in the article that JoeC posted and will report back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…