pc user id

niloc 20:35 28 Feb 05

how do you edit or change the user i.d. on a win 98 pc i.e. name and business, thanks

Graham ® 20:40 28 Feb 05

Is this a problem on login?

niloc 21:06 28 Feb 05

it's an old pc with someone else name on it

Graham ® 09:08 01 Mar 05

When I had this problem I re-installed Windows. The company name is especially difficult to remove.

It may be possible by editing the Registry, but it may have been set up in such a way that employees couldn't change things.

FelixTCat 13:43 01 Mar 05

Back up the registry before you start.

Use regedit to search for the name of the company. There will be a number of entries for installed software, but only one for Win 98 itself. From memory, it is something like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion.

Click "CurrentVersion" to open its contents in the right pane. In the right pane, double-click the "RegisteredOrganization" or "RegisteredOwner" (whichever you want to change) options and type in your name or organisation. Exit and restart Windows.

niloc 18:54 02 Mar 05

Thanks to all

barney1234568910 20:28 02 Mar 05

try using a program called "winspeed up" was on the januarys cover disk, where you can alter losts of different settings including computer name and owner i think you can change the company although i havn't tried.

i think you can download the program from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…