PC UPGRADE, WHAT COMPONENTS DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GET

sut1576 27 Jun 12

HI GUYS

i am looking to build a new pc for myself something thats fast and great for gaming and would like to know what parts i should get, i have a budget of around £800. i am looking to buy

(1) harddrive size isnt really and issue just big enough to run windows and afew games from.

(2) ram

(3) motherbaord

(4) cpu

(5) gfx card

i am currently running a radeon hd 5870 1gb do you think it would be more cost effective to buy a second 1 of these and run them as SLI or to just buy a new card as not sure what would be more powerful.

i am not interested in overclocking so am looking for fast and powerfull straight out the box,

thank for any help

KRONOS the First 27 Jun 12

Does Your list include operating system? The five components you have listed is that all you need? What about case,psu,optical drive? Any peripherals needed KB/Mouse monitor?

sut1576 27 Jun 12

hi

i have all the parts you have listed from my old system. i am just looking for the parts listed.

thanks

OK,I'll post some specs later.

What PSU have you by the way, is the OS 32 or 64 BIT? this will make a difference with amount of RAM.What case are you using m-ATX mid tower or full tower?

sut1576 27 Jun 12

hi

the O/S is windows 7 64bit, the psu is a thermaltake 800watt

sut1576 28 Jun 12

oh aand its a full tower

KRONOS the First 28 Jun 12

CPU.

Motherboard.

RAM.

GPU.

Total £715.21

I can speak highly of the GPU and CPU as I have both.

sut1576 28 Jun 12

thank you, can i ask why that cpu as i was looking at the i7 cpu as they seem a little more expensive but far more power or am i reading it wrong, the only reason i ask about the 17 is that i want this system to last me a few years so really dont want to have to replace parts in 18 months,

thanks

KRONOS the First 28 Jun 12

Which i7 by the way? I picked the i5 2500K because if you Google it,it takes some beating as a gaming chip. Here's a good comparison site, Compare. Have a look and I a lot of cases the i5 will well beat the i7 in the gaming stakes. But as I do not know which i7 you are talking about I cannot comment on the difference.

sut1576 28 Jun 12

i was thinking of the i7 3770k as it can be brought for around the £250 price,

the reason i was thinking of this is that this system will have to last me several years now so i want the best i can get now in the hope of it lasting as long as possible. but not sure if this chip is worth getting or not for my system as the 1 you hav said may do me better

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message