pc upgrade power supply question.

mick n 16:14 25 Feb 03

I at present have a Pentium 11. 400mhz and i am upgrading it to a AMD Athlon XP 2000+ ( In the form of a kit which includes the Motherboard, DDR ram etc from here, click here

My present power supply is only rated at 250w max. Will i have to change it to something with a higher rated output (IE, 300w) to be able to run this new CPU,Mainboard setup?.

Thank you.

Mick.

goonerbill 16:48 25 Feb 03

would suggest ya get a new psu. heres a good one which i have in my pc click here

froggg 18:25 25 Feb 03

I hope your case is an ATX,otherwise nothing will fit;new case about £20-includes 300 watt psu

goonerbill 18:46 25 Feb 03

as pointed out by froggg, if ya old case is AT, you will need a new case for ya mobo cpu etc.

mick n 19:46 25 Feb 03

Just checked the spec on my case and it is an "ATX midi tower", so should be ok there.

Checked that link out re psupply,goonerbill. Thanks, that company in scotland seem to be a good place for prices. may end up getting the upgrade kit from them.

Thanks again.

Mick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…