PC Upgrade Help - Graphics Card and Processor

mancvaliant 21:52 15 Aug 12

Hi Guys,

I bought a Chillblast system about 4 years ago, and i'm thinking about doing some upgrades rather than buying a new PC. I have some limited knowledge, but i've not done any reading up for a while. Was hoping someone might have some suggestions for upgrading components which might bring the 4 year old machine up to scratch. PC is mainly used for gaming, although i dont need something that plays Crysis 2 at max settings though. Some PC info below any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks M

Chillblast Fusion Interceptor
SKU1396 Antec Twelve Hundred Black Case
SKU4841 Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Processor overclocked to up to 3.2GHz
SKU2690 Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler SKU3887 Asus Rampage Formula X48 Motherboard
SKU4737 Dual Chillblast Radeon HD 4850 512MB 1024MB (total) PCIe in Crossfire
SKU6343 750GB 7200RPM Hard Disk
SKU1736 Onboard Gigabit Networking
SKU2019 Standard 20x DL DVD±RW SATA Optical Drive
SKU8330 4gig Corsair High Performance 750W PSU SKU5930 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
SKU9905 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit OEM
SKU1024 Windows Vista Optimisation Service

SparkyJack 20:15 16 Aug 12

If you have limited knowledge then almost certaimly the best bet is to buy that new computer. Processors motherboard and other parts are made to complement each other and making a change of one component will usually lead to chasing your tail to get another.

The best way by far, which I have done many times for myself and friends and family is to purchase a Mother Board Bundle which comes with motherboard.processor/memory all built to match and then all that needs to be done is to swap mother boards and reconnect Power and drives in the same case.

Take a lppk at the Novatech web site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…